As the only elearning outsource provider focused on developing full
programs, eCollege supports some of the largest and fastest growing
online degree, certificate and professional development programs in the
country. eCollege is currently looking for an experienced, energetic
team player to fill the position of System Administrator.
The System Administrator is primarily responsible for all aspects of
designing, analyzing, configuring and supporting a highly available,
production level Internet hosting environment. The incumbent will also
be responsible for general systems and network administration duties as
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
* Configures, manages and supports multiple server
environments including Production, Corporate, Backup level environments;
* Analyzes all areas of Internet web servers and farms
including accessibility, configuration, software, hardware, clustering
* Ensures server data and configuration consistency across
multiple web sites, servers and farms;
* Configures, manages and supports multiple Production level
clustered web farm environments;
* Supports and maintains third party applications
* Analyzes, manages and supports server load balancing and/or
redundancy using both hardware and software solutions;
* Assists in new technology research, evaluation, testing and
* Manages and configures server software, hardware, service
packs and security patch updates;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Expert experience or knowledge required in the following
Windows 2000/2003 OS; Active Directory; IIS 6.0; Exchange 2003; DNS;
FTP; VPN; Load Balancing; Antivirus software; SMTP; Security Software;
WAN; LAN; TCP/IP; Server level hardware troubleshooting;
* Basic experience or knowledge required in the following
.Net Services; VB Script; SAN/NAS; MS Outlook; Strong PC skills
including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Explorer
* Ability to be flexible and adapt to any given situation
* Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently
* Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills
(written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
Please send resume and salary requirements to careers@ecollege.
Include PET2006-31 in the subject line of your email. Learn more about
eCollege at www.ecollege.